Programs and Services
The CoE is currently implementing four major programs for the transgender community with support from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the California Endowment, and the National Institutes of Health (NIH). More program areas are under development and as those are implemented they will be added to this list so be sure and come back to check on our progress. Thank you for visiting our website and feel free to contact me for more information.
- Clinical Services: UCSF expert clinicians support the mission of the Center of Excellence.
- Coalitions in Action for Transgender Community Health (CATCH): Project to increase community capacity to engage in HIV prevention activities.
- Transitions Project: Training and assistance for programs seeking to implement HIV prevention interventions in transgender communities.
- Sheroes: Culturally relevant HIV prevention research.
- Primary Care Protocols Project: Evidenced-based protocols for clinical care.
- Transgender Evaluation and Technical Assistance Center (TETAC): Enhancing engagement and retention in quality HIV care for transgender women of color
- National Transgender Health Summit: May 17-18, 2013